Packaging innovation for Absolut

A lighter, recycled and recyclable bottle, this is the new challenge launched by Absolut with the Absolut Paper Bottle.
The Swedish spirits company has decided to partner with major brands such as Carlsberg Group, The Coca-Cola Co., L’Oréal and Pabocoper to improve the environmental performance of packaging, bringing a relevant reduction in CO2 emissions.
The prototype bottle includes 57% of FSC-certified biodegradable paper from sustainably managed forests and the remaining 43% is a recycled plastic barrier.
The new bottle is designed in such a way that two materials can be easily separated from each other at the end of its life, to enable easier recycling of the product.
This is one of the paths the company takes in a sustainability context, committing to reduce its carbon footprint by 50% by 2030, including 30% through packaging innovations.

Source and image: