Ikea: Textile collection in recycled denim and recycled PET

Ikea promotes its new textile collection made from 100% recycled materials, in line with its sustainability strategy to convert its material capital entirely into circular materials.
The FORTSKRIDA collection, consisting of cushion covers, curtains and tablecloths is made from 55% recycled denim, obtained from old jeans, while the remaining 45% is made from post-consumer recycled PET obtained from plastic bottles, with the aim of reinforcing the cotton fibers. To produce 10 meters of fabric, Ikea has transformed waste into valuable resources, using about thirty plastic bottles and two pairs of jeans.

Source and image: ikea.com