MATREC is a company specializing in consulting on sustainable materials and products, trends, market scenarios, and eco-friendly product innovation.
MATREC created the first International Observatory for Sustainable Innovation of materials and products as a supporting consulting service at companies for:
- research on sustainable and innovative materials,
- development of new products of high social and environmental value,
- research and analysis of environmental sustainability trends and market scenarios for different product types.
Today MATREC cooperates with Companies, Research Institutes, Universities, Architects and Designers through the provision of a variety of services and the opening of its International Observatory for Innovative Sustainability made up of thousands of materials and products. The objective is to promote the research, design, and development of new environmentally sustainable products, applying different circular economy strategies.
The international Observatory’s information concerns,
- MATERIALS: natural, recycled, and organic. All information are contained in a technical and environmental data sheet, that presents images of applications and manufacturer references. To facilitate the search there is MATREC S-Index, which supports material selection.
- TRENDS of products made of environmentally sustainable materials selected at international level. All Trends are divided by category
MATREC was conceived by architect Marco Capellini, and quickly developed into a major player in international design for sustainability by curating shows and events in Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Porto, Beijing, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, and Rio de Janeiro.
HEADQUARTER AND RESEARCH CENTER
Via delle Palombare, 43c
60127 Ancona (AN)
MATREC Centre in Florence
c/o Design Campus di Calenzano – Facoltà di Architettura – Università degli Studi di Firenze
Via Sandro Pertini, 93
50040 Calenzano (FI)